Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New Artwork...

I finished this up about a week ago.


Various colored pencils and Neocolor II water-soluable crayons (wings only) on Museum board, approx. 14" x 18". I really agonized over this one for about 3 weeks before getting the Art Nouveau inspired design and colors that I was happy with. For those that have followed this blog at all, you might recall the graphite portrait of my art-friend Brandy that I did a while back... well, the model for this pic is her equally beautiful sister Rachel and I'd like to thank them both for sharing the photos and inspiring me to do this piece, I'm really pleased with how it came out!

2 comments:

Joe Bloke said...

you did that? hell, that's sweet.

J.B. said...

Gorgeous! Classy and whimsical at the same time. Just love it! There is definitely a striking sisterly resemblance. Very nice work, Artman -- and a well-chosen subject.