Getting down to the wire on the fish cabinet! After I took these pics, I disassembled all of the pieces so they can be stained and urethaned. This Ash wood should look quite nice with the Minwax Jacobean stain and a couple of coats of high-gloss polyurethane on it but boy I sure hate the whole stinky, messy finishing process!
The big bottom section with all the doors in place. Everything lines up and works perfectly!
The smaller lower section.
The big upper section. This will be able to be removed from the wall for access to clean the tank. Only that one door operates, the others are fixed. This will at least allow some cooler air to flow through during the summer.
The smaller removable upper section also has only one operable door. This one is to help with cross ventailation as well as enable the fish to be fed without having to remove the entire section of the cabinet to get at them. Hopefully some of them will still be alive by the time I finish this thing!!!