Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Brooksie!


Louise Brooks - 11/14/1906 - 08/08/1985

Unforgettable!

The above shot is unusual as Brooksie rarely wore jewelry.

The Kansas girl who became a dancer, who became an actress, who became a has-been, who became a recluse, who became a writer, who finally became a legend!

Below are a few images from my favorite Louise Brooks film, G.W. Pabst's silent masterpiece "Diary of a Lost Girl"

"We had faces!" - Gloria Swanson, Sunset Blvd.


The Juvenille Detention center scenes are not to be missed!

Absolutely beautiful

3 comments:

joe ackerman said...

as a young man, I had a photo of Louise from Pandora's Box permanently displayed on my bedroom wall. eternal hotness. what a gal!

Raquel Stecher said...

What a beauty she was! I had never seen that first picture. I stole it for my collection. Hee hee.

Artman2112 said...

Joe - no arguements here, Louise is an incredible beauty!

Quelle - Steal away, hee hee!