Wednesday, June 6, 2012

RIP Ray Bradbury

2 stills from my all-time fave Bradbury film adaptation "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms" (Based on his short story "The Fog Horn"), with special effect by his life-long friend and fellow dinosaur lover Ray Harryhausen.

As far back as my memory goes, this film has been a part of my life and to this day I still get a major kick watching it. Its well-written, well-acted, and Harryhausen did a hell of a job in his first solo special effects film assignment...all on a shoe-string budget of $210,000 (the film made over 5 Million and spawned a whole new genre of sci-fi film...the attack of the atomic monster!!)

Ray Bradbury - Aug 22nd, 1920 - June 5th, 2012

1 comment:

Unca Jeffy said...

Bradbury had a way of affecting everyone who ever came upon his work. He stayed with you. And I think his work will always do that no matter who comes across it or when.