Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Olivia and Bella - Part One

Pinup legend Olivia De Barardinis has used many models over the years but to me, none have inspired so many striking and interesting images in her art as Bella Schol. Bella is almost a total enigma! I can find nothing about her on the net and in fact know nothing of her other than what is written about her in Olivia's books! So here are a few edited quotes:

"Bella is a tattoo artist and cartoonist from Amsterdam. We met when she was passing through L.A. on her way to Mexico to study bullfighting. She was a terrific model and became my muse for at least a year."

"On the small of her back is emblazoned the French phrase "Nappartiens jamais...", translation: "Never belong"

"I'll always love to paint Bella. She is one of my all-time favorites. I've been painting her so long that i feel she has taken on a seperate life in my work."

Here are a few pieces Olivia has done featuring Bella. More coming soon!





1 comment:

*ISA es ASI* said...

bella is me...thanks, nice collection!